Drag and Drop

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
Glynof

Drag and Drop

Post by Glynof »

Does anyone know why when i drag and drop excel into Push2Run the information registers into the wrong boxes ie The parameters box auto fills with the information that should go into the OPEN field and the Start Directory information is totaly wrong
Attachments
image004.jpg
image004.jpg (22.32 KiB) Viewed 2791 times
image002.jpg
image002.jpg (21.55 KiB) Viewed 2791 times
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Drag and Drop

Post by RobLatour »

It appears that in the first case you are dragging a short cut to an excel file into Push2Run, and in the second case you are dragging a short cut to excel itself into push2run and passing in the excel file name as a parm. Both should work as expected.
Douglaserunc

Drag and Drop

Post by Douglaserunc »

Last but not least..

Is there anything planned that will allow us to create draggable items/labels/whatevers, and drop zones which will accept dragged objects.. Or do I need to DIY with the mouse events and globally stored drag objects?

Lady C.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Drag and Drop

Post by RobLatour »

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, you can currently drag and drop items into the main window, or to a Push2Run Card. For example, from the main window, click Actions - Add, and then drop a windows desktop icon into the open empty Push2Run card (for example in the open field) and the whole Push2Run card will populate as appropriate based on the icon.

To go the other way, click on the description of a Rush2Run card in the main menu, and drag it to the desktop to create a Push2Run card on your desktop.