Connection issues with Push2Run: From nest mini to computer?

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
shinobirain

Connection issues with Push2Run: From nest mini to computer?

Post by shinobirain »

Hello everyone! I have new to forum so I apologize if I do not include all the necessary info for help the first time.

As the title suggests, I have just finished my setup using https://www.push2run.com/setup_dropbox.html for Push2Run through dropbox.

I have done my best to follow all of the instructions and believe I have correctly followed through on them; however, the google home nest mini does not seem to be connected to Push2Run.

Dropbox, google nest mini, and IFTTT are all on the same gmail account. My computer is using ethernet (don't know if that matters)

There is also no text whatsoever in the grey section at the bottom of the Push2Run application.

If there is any additional information that I can provide to help work through this please let me know and I will do my best to deliver! Thank you!
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Connection issues with Push2Run: From nest mini to computer?

Post by RobLatour »

Unlike the connections with Pushbullet and Pushover, there is no status shown at the bottom of the screen for Dropbox. this is described here: https://push2run.com/setup.html under where it says 'Status reporting'.

Can you please issue a command to your Google home. Once done, you can take a look at two logs to see what may be going on.

The first log is the IFTTT activity log. Please visit IFTTT.com click on the picture of the person's head at the top right, and then click on 'Activity'.

The second log is the Push2Run log. From Push2Run's main window, click on 'View' and then 'Session log'.

If after looking at these logs its not apparent to you what the problem is, please post back here to say what you see in the two logs (you can copy and paste the contents of the Push2Run log into your post if you like).
shinobirain

Post by shinobirain »

Hi Robo. Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Below is the session log of Push2Run & IFTTT respectively after providing the voice command to open the calculator
2020-02-29 12:04:30.003 - Push2Run version 3.0.0.0 started

2020-02-29 12:04:30.037 - Windows UAC notify feature is on

2020-02-29 12:04:30.038 - Normal privileges are in effect

2020-02-29 12:04:30.371 - Current network adapter is Ethernet

2020-02-29 12:04:30.478 - Network status is up

2020-02-29 12:04:31.595 - Dropbox monitoring begun for C:\Users\Brian K Tong\Dropbox\Apps\Push2Run\
Applet updated: if you say "tell my computer to $", then creat a text file in -email address-'s dropbox

Applet updated: if you say "tell me computer to $", then create a test file in -email address-'s dropbox

Applet created: if you say "tell me computer to $", then create a test file in -email address-'s dropbox
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Thanks, but what does your IFTTT log contain after you say:

OK Google, tell my computer to open the calculator

Also, can you please include screenshots of your IFTTT applet.

They need to look like the ones described here: https://push2run.com/setup_dropbox.html
shinobirain

Post by shinobirain »

Hi Rob,

I have attached the screenshots of the applet as requested; however, I am not quite understanding your request for the IFTTT log. The text that I provided was gotten from the following actions:
1. giving the voice command to google nest mini to "tell my computer to open the calculator"
2. Visting the ifttt website
3. Clicking the profile head
4. Pressing "activity" tab
5. copy and pasting the text found in the Activity log.

Thank you for your continued support
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (32.87 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (47.55 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

When you look at your IFTTT activity, after having said,
OK Google tell my computer to open the calculator

you should see an entry in the IFTTT activity that says
Applet ran

Given you are not seeing this, I suspect your Google Home/Mini may not be linked to the same email id as your IFTTT account is. Can you please check that and let me know what you find?

Also, a minor point, but your second alternate way of giving the command is "tell me pc to $" and it should likely be "tell my pc to $".
shinobirain

Post by shinobirain »

Hi Rob,

I have checked the linked gmail account for both the nest mini and IFTTT and they match. The only thing I can think of that may be of interest is that I am using a student gmail. I am not sure if that effects anything though.

In addition, I have gone ahead and changed the "me" to "my." Thank you for catching that!
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Well, it seems as if your Google account isn't connecting correctly with your IFTTT account. It may have something to do with the fact you are using a student account, but I did a quick google search for that and didn't see anything.

In any case, the reason Push2Run isn't doing anything as it's not getting the Dropbox trigger, and that's because IFTTT isn't running your applet (which appears to be set up ok).

Accordingly, the only thing I can think of is that perhaps you can try going to ifttt - click on the person's head - click on account - unlink your google account - then link your google account back in; perhaps that will reset something?
shinobirain

Post by shinobirain »

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your continued support. Unfortunately, pairing the device, dropbox, and IFTTT to a generic gmail account did not result in the push2run working. Do you have any other suggestions? At this point, my only guess would be to uninstall everything and start from scratch.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Uninstalling/reinstalling Push2Run will not help as the problem is between your Google device and IFTTT.

You mentioned you were using a Google student account, can you set yourself up on your google device and with IFTTT using a regular one?