IFTTT doesn't seem to be sending text files to my dropbox

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
0rangeo

IFTTT doesn't seem to be sending text files to my dropbox

Post by 0rangeo »

Helloo, I have been trying for ages to get Push2Run to work. It was working earlier, and then afterwards it stopped working. Here is my IFTTT settings Image. Is there anything I did incorrectly?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (28.98 KiB) Viewed 2015 times
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: IFTTT doesn't seem to be sending text files to my dropbox

Post by RobLatour »

Can you please also post the contents of your Push2Run session log after you have issued a command such as:
tell my laptop to open the calculator
0rangeo

Post by 0rangeo »

2020-08-12 11:29:42.760 - Push2Run version 3.0.3.0 started

2020-08-12 11:29:42.815 - Windows UAC notify feature is on

2020-08-12 11:29:42.817 - Administrative privileges are enabled

2020-08-12 11:29:42.961 - Current network adapter is Wi-Fi 3

2020-08-12 11:29:43.015 - Network status is up

2020-08-12 11:29:44.482 - Dropbox monitoring begun for C:\Users\Owner\Dropbox\Apps\Push2Run\

2020-08-12 12:36:37.475 - Current network adapter is Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1

2020-08-12 12:36:43.818 - Current network adapter is Wi-Fi 3

That's what it says after I say "Hey Google open science". It responds with "opening science" but then nothing happens.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Looks like the top part of your IFFT applet screenshot is cut off so I am going to assume you have a trigger phrase
open $
given your google device is responding with "opening science", and that part is working ok.

re your log, your network connection reads as:

Current network adapter is Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1

that is not normally what I would expect to see, more commonly something like:

Current network adapter is Ethernet

Push2Run uses your default network to access the internet, so I'm wondering is your PC accessing the internet? This is needed to receive the dropbox trigger file?

Also, can you go to your IFTTT account, click on the person's head in the top right, and select 'activity' - is IFTTT saying your applet ran ok?

Assuming it is, can you open you dropbox file folder ( apps/push2run )and see if there are any files being created it in.
0rangeo

Post by 0rangeo »

Yup my trigger phrase is "open $"
My laptop is definitely connected to the internet, I searched up what Loopback Pseudo-interface is and I don't think it's interfering with Push2Run (although I am only 16 and have no coding or software knowledge and this is what i found: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/co ... eing_used/

I don't think my ifttt is working properly, the only activity I see is "Your Applet was turned on", and when I ask google the trigger commands, nothing is sent to my Dropbox folder. Also, thank you so much for responding and taking your time to try figure out this problem, I promise to donate when I'm older :)
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

no problems, in ifttt can you please check thay your dropbox account is correctly linked to your ifttt account.

IFTTT > Persons Head > My Servivces > Dropbox
0rangeo

Post by 0rangeo »

I believe that it is connected properly, when I go into ifttt, my services, Dropbox, settings, it says that my account is linked and the URL says www.dropbox.com/accountActive. I also tried to connect pushbullet but ran into the same problem, google home responded and Push2Run said Pushbullet connection established, yet ifttt wouldn’t send out commands.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Well the problem does seem to be with your IFTTT account - at a minimum, you should see the commands that you issue being reported in the IFTTT activity log - and you are not.

Looking at this, https://help.ifttt.com/hc/en-us/article ... oting-tips
I might say try to disconnect and reconnect your dropbox account - but as its not working with PushBullet either I think it is likely something else.

Is the email account you have setup with the dropbox the same one you have setup with ifttt ( ifttt > person's head > account ... email )?

I'm not sure that matters, but I think that is the way I have it set up.

You may want to try setting up a new ifttt account?
0rangeo

Post by 0rangeo »

I setup another IFTTT account and followed all the steps again, and I also linked another Dropbox account (same email as new IFTTT account). This unfortunately did not change anything. Do you think I might've messed up the IFTTT details or maybe my google home mini is messing something up? Also yes both times the emails for the dropbox and IFTTT were the same.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

ok - thanks.

What do you mean by 'the emails' to the drop box?

is the command.txt file showing up in your dropbox? (which it should)?

According to your Push2Run session log below, they are not.