IFTTT doesn't seem to be sending text files to my dropbox

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: IFTTT doesn't seem to be sending text files to my dropbox

Post by RobLatour »

ok - thanks.

Lets keep working this ...

... what do you mean by 'the emails' to the drop box?

is the command.txt file showing up in your dropbox? (which it should)?

According to your Push2Run session log below, it is not.

Also, is the dropbox account on your iFTTT set up with the same email id as on your PC for your dropbox account?
0rangeo

Post by 0rangeo »

Both times I made an IFTTT and a drop box account, each email was the same as each other. I.e Each IFTTT account had the same email as the dropbox it was linked to, and I had 2 different emails. And nope for some reason there is no command.txt file appearing in my dropbox at all, and also yes my laptop dropbox app has the same email used with my dropbox account. I think the problem lies within IFTTT, it doesn't seem to be sending text files to my dropbox and I can't figure out why. Which is weird because the google home responds with what is in IFTTT.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

hmmm its also odd that your IFTTT activity log is not showing the applet as being run.

By any chance do you have more than one IFTTT applet with the same trigger phrase; if yes please delete the duplicate(s) and try again.
0rangeo

Post by 0rangeo »

Nope I do not have another applet on my account, this is my first time using IFTTT. What's weird is that the whole thing was working perfectly, and then stopped working out of nowhere.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

I'm really reaching here, as it does very much appear to be an issue that only you are having ... however earlier you mentioned your age. Would your parents have any type of controls on your internet account that would be restricting your accesses to ifttt / dropbox in any way? Again, like I said, I am reaching. Maybe a firewall issue as well?
0rangeo

Post by 0rangeo »

Nope, I don't have any parental restrictions on my wifi or anything. How should i go about deleting everything and starting over? Should I unlink my google home and then make a new google account, IFTTT and a dropbox account and see if that works?
0rangeo

Post by 0rangeo »

I have finally figured it out. I don't think Google home allows you to use "open $" as a trigger. Even if you don't have "Open $" as a trigger in IFTTT, saying open maths will result in Google home responding by saying "Opening maths". This was a problem because on IFTTT my trigger was "Open $" and I wanted the google home to respond with "Opening $", however the google home I think is coded to open apps maybe on a phone or something. However now I changed the triggers to "Run $", and it works now. For future people reading this, do not use "Open $" as a trigger because it will make you think that IFTTT is being triggered when it isnt. Anyways thanks and I hope you have a great day :)
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Great - glad you figured it out - well done - and thanks for posting the solution.

I've added a note in the setup instructions to avoid using 'Open $' as a trigger phrase.

<< Moved this topic from 'Bugs' to 'General Discussion' for greater visibility, and because it is not a Push2Run Bug >>