Commands not working at all!!

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
J_sajdyk@hotmail.com

Commands not working at all!!

Post by J_sajdyk@hotmail.com »

Hello,

So I have just got a google mini and trying to get it to incorporate with my computer. I followed the instructions step by step. and still no avail. it doesnt even seem that the command is being sent to the computer. The google mini recognizes the command and tells me she is sending it to the pc but then nothing happens on the pc. The Dropbox is creating the .txt file but not is being created on my pc. I dont get anything in my session log on P2R application either. IFTTT seems to have created the command though. not sure where to go from here?
J_sajdyk@hotmail.com

Re: Commands not working at all!!

Post by J_sajdyk@hotmail.com »

Nevermind I got it!!!!
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

ok - thanks. Assume it was a particular point or other not followed from the setup instructions. If so, and if you feel the setup instructions could have been made clearer, feedback is always welcome. Other than that, glad it's working for you, and hope the program will prove useful to you!
savinjo

Post by savinjo »

I have a similar issue, but related to the command for searching pictures. I use Italian language, and I've edited the card in the field "Listen for" with the instruction "cercare immagini di $" and "di cercare immagini di $".
And in the field "Open" with "https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=$"
all the rest in the card is left empty
The command runs and it's received form Push2Run, but it appears that something went wrong.
This is the content of the session log:

2020-10-19 11:58:38.586 - Incoming Dropbox trigger ...

2020-10-19 11:58:39.587 - Processing Dropbox file: D:\Programmi\Dropbox\Apps\Push2Run\Command.txt
2020-10-19 11:58:39.587 - File contents:
Push2Run_PC-SAM
di Cercare immagini di palla
October 19, 2020 at 11:58AM

2020-10-19 11:58:42.111 - the action was run, but it appears to have failed

2020-10-19 11:58:48.112 - Deleting : D:\Programmi\Dropbox\Apps\Push2Run\Command.txt

Additional information: Push2run runs in win 10 with administrator privileges and UAC is disabled
Other commands like the one for opening the calculator worked, but I have the same issue with the command play a song
Last edited by savinjo on Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Can you please uncheck the option to run as Administrator - please let me know if that helps.
savinjo

Post by savinjo »

thanks for the hint. From the options-->startup I've removed the check for running on admin privileges on windows login, and from the menu View I've removed "admin privileges required" and it worked, may you please explain me why? Thanks for all
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

No problem, glad to have helped.

I'm not sure why this is prevented. You can open your browser as an administrator from a shortcut in your Windows taskbar, but not from a shortcut to a link from your desktop. It may be some sort of Windows security thing?

In any case, if you are only opening the link you have listed below there does not appear to be any reason to run your browser as an administrator, so if it's not needed and it works fine otherwise, then I'd suggest leaving it the way it is.

I
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

did some fiddling in response to another post, and found a way to open the browser while Push2Run is running with admin privileges. For more info please see: https://www.push2run.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... 2226#p2226