Routines

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
JakeUK

Routines

Post by JakeUK »

Hi there. It would seem from a few other posts on here that it's possible to create routines to execute a number of programs, or just to avoid the annoying "OK, I've xxx" responses.

I'd appreciate any help on setting up routines in conjunction with Push2Run & Pushbullet.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Routines

Post by RobLatour »

Yes.

If you want to execute several programs you can create a batch file or script to do that, and then just have Push2Run run that batch or script file by specifying it in your Push2Run card in the open field. In most cases, you can even pass in parameters if you like.

Batch files are associated with running commands as if you were doing so at the Windows command prompts. There is lots of material available on how to create batch (or .bat) files. Here is a quick video I found after about a minute of searching that seems to be a good intro; I'm sure there are many others out there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu2S4MjA6A8

Script files, are like a batch files, but generally tied to various other programming languages or applications.

If you need to send keystroke as part of what you want to do, you can look at a product called AutoHotKey which supports script files that allow for that.

However, if you just want to run a number of programs, then a .bat file should do you just fine.

Hope this helps.
JakeUK

Post by JakeUK »

Thanks Rob. Loving the program BTW.

I'm familiar with Autohotkey, and I'm sure I could get my head around all that.

The other reason for wanting to create routines, is to shorten or create custom commands and not have to endure the Google responses.

This thread mentions routines, so I assumed they were possible in conjunction with Push2Run:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=957&p=2291&hilit=routine#p2291
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Great, hope it will be of use to you. Please pass on the good word about it!