Multi commands support

Here you are welcome to post Push2Run feature requests
aurelbdx

Multi commands support

Post by aurelbdx »

Hi everyone,

Rob may release a new version with multi commands support.

Example: Say “Hey Google, tell my computer to open the calculator ?” After your Assistant open the calculator, you can ask “and open notepad?” and get Notepad. (assuming you have separate cards already set up for “open the calculator” and “open notepad”)

To enable this feature, you just have to say "AND" or "AND TO" between the 2 sentences.
If you are french, you can use "ET" or "PUIS"

Would you like to use some other words or in another language ?

And maybe there will be a fonction to add customizable words.
Last edited by aurelbdx on Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 8 times in total.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Google Home Continued Conversation support

Post by RobLatour »

Thanks for the idea aurelbx, and yes I am working on something based on this.

However, while there is a very good chance I will publically release something that supports this, I don't generally promise that I will until I actually do. Rather I will generally say I am working on something or looking at something and even share some betas for the next release with people - but again with no firm promise that I will generally release something until I do. This is one difference that helps keep Push2Run free :-)

In any case, it is I believe a good idea and one which will be helpful to people, so that is why I am working on it.

For clarity, if it gets released it will be something that allows the joining two or more commands together by using words such as "and" or "then". For example:

OK Google, tell my computer to open the calculator and open word

with both commands then being performed assuming there is a defined a Push2Run card for each.

Having that said, I also realize some people may have commands where they may want to use those separating words (or others) in them but do not want them to be used as command separators. For example, "OK Google, tell my computer to text Mary to pick up milk and butter".

So I will be working on that too.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Multi commands support

Post by RobLatour »

Thanks again for the suggestion aurelbdx, and for your help in testing.

Release 3.6, released just now, includes this feature!

For more information, please view https://youtu.be/mDwJ2fT8rBE
aurelbdx

Re: Multi commands support

Post by aurelbdx »

You're welcome and thanks for all you've done!!
Push2Run is amazing!!