Other Levels

Here you are welcome to post Setvol feature requests
fighterace0

Other Levels

Post by fighterace0 »

This looks to be a great program thanks for the work you've put in.

At first glance it looked like your 'balance' flag would fit my use case but it doesn't work how I thought.
My speaker properties have levels for itself and 7 other properties (Microphone, Rear Blue In, Side, Center, Subwoofer, Rear, and Front).

But when I attempt to use the balance to mute the microphone level in the speaker (transparent mic) I get this error and I realize this is only setting the balance of the speaker itself, not the other levels.

Code: Select all

Error: the number of channels specified (8) exceeds the number of channels (2) supported by Realtek(R) Audio.
Is there any way the program could be expanded to include these other levels?
Specifically I'm trying to toggle microphone transparency by changing the mic level of the speaker (headphones) and I haven't found any other program that comes close to being able to achieve this.

Thanks for your help.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Other Levels

Post by RobLatour »

I'm not fully sure of this setup, what output do you get when you type

setvol device
fighterace0

Post by fighterace0 »

RobLatour wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:06 am I'm not fully sure of this setup, what output do you get when you type

setvol device
I don't recall exactly but it was basically just the realtek speaker. None of these other levels were included as a device.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Well can you double check and let me know. Assuming you are running the current version of the program your recording devices should be listed too.
fighterace0

Post by fighterace0 »

Yes the recording device was also listed but unfortunately changing the level of the microphone has no impact on it being audible through the headphones. The recording device can be completely muted but if the microphone level underneath the playback device mix isn't muted you can hear the microphone.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Sorry, I had misunderstood the original question.

I guess I got mixed up when you said your speaker properties include those for a microphone.

In any case, how many channels are shown as belonging to your speaker when you type:

setvol report device thedevicenameofyourspeaker

If only two, SetVol will not be able to get to the others.