Play a song on youtube

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
kishapawpad

Play a song on youtube

Post by kishapawpad »

Hi all, I just discovered this amazing program and I'm surprised that this hasn't been more popular than it already is. Thanks Rob for making it!

I use a computer in the living room as HTPC and I use it for everything, like browsing, work, TV channels, radio, music and other media.

I'm sorry to start of with a request on my first post. In Google Assistant, I can say "Ok Google, play Michael Jackson Billy Jean on youtube" and it will play the song, or whatever it finds as first result on youtube, on the youtube app. I'd like to do the same thing on the computer.

The great thing about Google Assistant herein is that it will most often find the correct artist and/or track name you're trying to say. Now I know how to open youtube through a command, but how would I be able to have it play the first result it finds?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Play a song on youtube

Post by RobLatour »

Thanks for your kind words kishapawpad!

Please take a look at the first sample card here: https://www.push2run.com/examplecards.html which should help.
dirtbag

Post by dirtbag »

Hi I got it to work using the card, but the problem is if a song is playing and you ask for a new song it just plays the new song in a new tab over the top of the other one, is there a way to sop the first song and play the new one please?
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

not that I know off - I checked chrome's command line options but there does not seem to be an option to re-use the current tab - perhaps another browser might support this?
dirtbag

Post by dirtbag »

i got it to work using kill chrome and then a delay but it's not ideal as it shuts down all your chrome tabs, so no good if your browsing and listening.