GLORiousHERCules

forgot my push2run password

Post by GLORiousHERCules »

how to bypass my password
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: forgot my push2run password

Post by RobLatour »

If you are starting Push2Run for the very first time and it is asking you for your password (which at that point it should not) here is what you can do: https://www.push2run.com/passwordpromptfix.html

However, if you have set your password and forgotten it there is nothing you can do to bypass it, nor anything I can do to restore it. Your data and password are both securely encrypted and without your password, you can not get at your data (unless you have a supercomputer and work for the NSA :-) ). There is no backdoor or anything like that built into the program.

This is as described in the help
Startup - Password required - if checked this will require a password to start Push2Run and to access your Push2Run commands. The password is case sensitive. If you set a password and later no longer know it, neither you nor Push2Run will be unable to use your Push2Run related data - and effectively you will need to start over in terms of configuring it. By default, the password feature is turned off. If you turn it on, you can turn the it off again - but to do that you will need to know the password which you had last set.
If you have forgotten your password, the best you can do is delete your database (Push2Run.db3) and settings (user.config) and start again. The locations for those files are described within the link above.